Temperature Probe with Solid Drilled Thermowell and Head (HD, HDS, HDF)
The HD series heavy duty temperature probe is for rugged or high pressure applications such as material processing and chemical plants. The probe consists of a solid drilled thermowell with tapered or straight profiles, in a choice of materials and with a range of screwed or flanged process connections to meet most International Standards.
These probes can be designed to meet WAKE calculations on request.
The sensors are incorporated into a spring loaded insert which allows removal of the sensors without interrupting the process.
Available with either
RTD format PT100 Class B, A, AA as IEC 60751:2008, also 1/10 DIN, PT1000 Class B, A
Thermocouple (all types to IEC 60584-1:2013).
The probes can also be combined with a temperature transmitter for a 4-20mA output.
- Supplied as two pieces. Solid drilled thermowell and Spring loaded insert
- Solid drilled thermowell with either a Screwed (HDS) or Flanged (HDF) process connection.
- Parallel or tapered stem
- Thermowell available in a choice of materials to suit the application.
- Available with a Teflon oversheath for all wetted parts
- Standard nipple/union/nipple lagging extension with choice of connection head environmentally rated to IP68.
- Sheath material in Grade 316L, 304, 321, 310 stainless steel. Inconel and Nicrobel also available.
- Available in sheath diameters of 8mm to 25mm OD with inserts to suit.
- Insert with either
- PT100 RTD (Class B, A, AA as IEC 60751:2008, also 1/10 DIN)
- Thermocouple formats as IEC 60584-1:2013.
- Single, duplex or triplex sensors.
- Plain stem pocket/thermowell as standard or with mounting arrangements: Screwed (HDS) of Flanged (HDF)
- Complete with a standard ceramic connection block (up to 8 pole) or a temperature transmitter providing a 4 to 20mA output signal.
- Die-cast aluminium connection heads as standard, M20 cable entry and IP65 rating
- Various other heads available, including stainless steel.