Medium Duty Temperature Probe (MD, MDS, MDF)
The MD series temperature probe is a general purpose temperature probe supplied with a thermowell / pocket and a temperature sensor insert. This configuration allows the sensor be removed or replaced without interrupting the process itself.
Available with either PT100 or thermocouple sensors, and with a range of process connection options (flange or screwed).
The MD is supplied in two parts: the thermowell/pocket and a removable spring loaded insert.
- Supplied as two pieces. Thermowell and Spring loaded insert
- Sheath material in Grade 316L, 304, 321, 310 stainless steel. Inconel and Nicrobel also available.
- Available in sheath diameters of 4.5mm to 1/2" NB (21.7mm OD) with inserts to suit.
- Available with wetted parts Teflon coated
- Insert with either
- PT100 RTD (Class B, A, AA as IEC 60751:2008, also 1/10 DIN)
- Thermocouple formats as IEC 60584-1:2013.
- Plain stem pocket/thermowell as standard or with welded mounting arrangements: Screwed (MDS) of Flanged (MDF)
- Complete with a standard ceramic connection block (up to 8 pole) or a temperature transmitter providing a 4 to 20mA output signal.
- Die-cast aluminium connection heads as standard, M20 cable entry and IP65 rating
- Can also be supplied with a grade 316 stainless steel connection head.
- Various other heads available, including stainless steel.