Roll Surface Temperature Assemblies (RTA)
The roll temperature sensor provides repeatable monitoring of surface temperature on drums, rollers and other moving surfaces.
- Brass contact buttons and flush-mounted in a spring loaded Teflon plunger
- Available in all thermocouple formats
- Three models available RT, HSRT & HTRT
- RT surface speed up to 900ft per minute, temp -68 to +260°C, 1/2lb spring force on sensor
- HSRT features a mounted roller bearing with surface speed up to 1000ft per minute, temp -68 to +204°C,
- bearing outer race in contact with process and inner race in intimate contact with the sensor
- also for use on highly polished surfaces that might be damaged by sliding contact
- HTRT for temperatures -68 to +371°C and speeds up to 1000 ft per minute.
- similar to HSRT except that continuous surface contact is assured by use of spring loaded PG gland